Monday, January 13, 2020
In accordance with an Illinois Department of Public Health recommendation, FHN Memorial Hospital in Freeport has put into action the following visitor restrictions for the health and safety of our patients and staff:
• No visitors under the age of 18 (including the OB unit, to protect our youngest patients).
• Only two (2) visitors per patient at one time.
• Visitors with fever, cough, or sore throat should NOT visit. If they MUST, masks are required (and will be provided).
• Patients hospitalized for flu may have visitors ONLY when necessary for emotional well-being or care.
• Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette (cover coughs, tissue disposal immediately after use, hand sanitizer) MUST be followed at all times.
These restrictions apply to ALL hospital patients, including OB and Pediatrics - please check with the nurse on duty if you have any questions.
All medical services remain available to patients of all ages throughout FHN. Those who feel they or a family member may have the flu and could be contagious can take advantage of telemedicine services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through FHNow. Visit www.fhn.org/fhnow for details.