We're Committed to Your Community
FHN serves the people of northwest Illinois, and we're proud to be a part of your community, too. From Galena and Savanna to Warren, Mount Carroll, Pecatonica, and Forreston, our healthcare providers are here to help you achieve and maintain your best health.
FHN also is here to support the other things that contribute to your well-being – a strong community, opportunities to enjoy fun activities with your family and friends, and a helping hand when you need one. We’re proud to support activities and opportunities throughout northwest Illinois, including everything from free screenings and school programs and healthy post-prom celebrations to golf outings, festivals, fairs, and more.
In 2017, FHN:
- Led the effort to create the community-wide Connect the D.O.T.S. initiative to promote well-being – and being well – by helping individuals meet their basic physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- Administered more than 6,642 health screenings at no charge, including blood pressure, height/weight/BMI, blood sugar/glucose, cholesterol screening, and counseling and education
- Educated more than 2,500 people on poison prevention
- Offered health information through provider-led seminars to more than 875 people at 17 different events
- Presented 100 school programs focused on health to more than 2,082 students
- Donated $15,660 to 12 area schools through sports physical clinics - a total of 19 clinics were held, serving 783 students
- Support groups - for people touched by grief, cancer, arthritis, diabetes, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and caregivers – met more than 50 times
- Brought people together 30 times for a variety of family-focused area events, including Festival of Trees, FHN Movie Series, and health fair events
- FHN's free community summer exercise competition, Miles And Minutes, promotes good health and gives money to area schools. In 2017, 649 participants logged a total of 2,232,056 minutes of exercise and $8,750 was donated to nine area schools