We're Committed to Your Community
FHN serves the people of northwest Illinois, and we're proud to be a part of your community, too.
From Galena and Savanna to Stockton, Mount Carroll, Pecatonica, and Forreston, our healthcare providers are here to help you achieve and maintain your best health.
FHN also is here to support the other things that contribute to your well-being – a strong community, opportunities to enjoy fun activities with your family and friends, and a helping hand when you need one. We’re proud to support activities and opportunities throughout northwest Illinois, including everything from free screenings and school programs and healthy post-prom celebrations to golf outings, festivals, fairs, and more.
The COVID-19 pandemic presented a new challenge in reaching out to the people of our communities. While some of the services we offer were cut short, FHN managed to reach out via virtual and socially distanced events.
In 2021, FHN:
- Updated the public 14 times with regular COVID-19 update videos in addition to dozens of articles, social media posts, radio interviews, and other public messages
- FHN's free community summer exercise competition, Miles And Minutes, promotes good health and gives money to area schools.
In 2021, 454 participants logged a total of 385,054 minutes of exercise and $8,200 was donated to 8 area schools
- Participated in the community-wide Connect the D.O.T.S. initiative to promote well-being – and being well – by helping individuals meet their basic physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- Helped to serve 3,300 families in northwest Illinois through 22 Mobile RX Pantry Program events held in cooperation with the Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Administered more than 724 pandemic-safe blood pressure screenings at no charge, including counseling and education
- Educated more than 800 people on poison prevention
- Offered health information through provider-led seminars to more than 514 people at 18 events
- Presented virtual school programs focused on health to 2,500 students
- Donated $10,920 to 8 area schools through sports physical clinics - a total of 14 pandemic-safe clinics were held, serving 399 students
- Brought people together 32 times, most virtually, for a variety of family-focused area events, including Festival of Trees, Get Fit, Family Bingo, and other fun, healthy activities
- Administered 859 seasonal influenza vaccinations; 710 high-dose and 149 low-dose
- Vaccinated 11,644 people against COVID-19 and administered 3,124 COVID-19 boosters