We're Committed to Your Community
FHN serves the people of northwest Illinois, and we're proud to be a part of your community, too. From Galena and Savanna to Warren, Mount Carroll, Pecatonica, and Forreston, our healthcare providers are here to help you achieve and maintain your best health.
FHN also is here to support the other things that contribute to your well-being – a strong community, opportunities to enjoy fun activities with your family and friends, and a helping hand when you need one. We’re proud to support activities and opportunities throughout northwest Illinois, including everything from free screenings and school programs and healthy post-prom celebrations to golf outings, festivals, fairs, and more.
In 2018, FHN:
- Administered more than 4,400 health screenings at no charge, including blood pressure, weight/weight/BMI, blood sugar/ glucose, cholesterol screening and counseling and education
- Led the effort to create the community-wide Connect the D.O.T.S. initiative to promote well-being – and being well – by helping individuals meet their basic physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- FHN's free community summer exercise competition, Miles And Minutes, promotes good health and gives money to area schools. In 2018, more than 450 participants logged a total of 1,713,369 minutes of exercise and $8,200 was donated to nine area schools
- Educated more than 2,600 people on poison prevention
- Offered health information through provider-led seminars to more than 1,100 people at 18 different events
- Presented 120 school programs focused on health to 2,532 students
- Donated $16,180 to 12 area schools through sports physical clinics - a total of 19 clinics were held,
serving 804 students
- Brought people together 32 times for a variety of family-focused area events, including Festival of Trees, FHN Movie Series, and health fair events